MENU

Due to the gas’s odorless and colorless properties, carbon monoxide symptoms are often the first clue that you have a problem. These…

Carbon Monoxide: Symptoms of Poisoning

Due to the odorless and colorless properties of carbon monoxide, the symptoms are often the first clue that you have a problem. These symptoms may improve once you leave the home, but will quickly reoccur upon return. Carbon monoxide is a quick-acting and deadly gas, so it’s important to be aware of common carbon monoxide symptoms.

Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Low and moderate levels of carbon monoxide poisoning are often confused with the flu symptoms, such as:

    • Shortness of breath

 

    • Nausea and headache

 

    • Dizziness and light-headedness

 

High levels of carbon monoxide can cause chest pain, confusion, impaired vision and coordination, and can be fatal within minutes. Therefore, installing carbon monoxide detectors is a smart step for every home.

If you find evidence of carbon monoxide in your home and have had carbon monoxide symptoms get fresh air immediately. Then open the windows and doors to your home and turn off any combustion appliances. If you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning, go to the emergency room.

 

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...

Customer Reviews

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...
Crawl Space Sealing in Alpharetta, GA

We recently moved into a new house and the crawl space was very moist and unusable. We had the guys at HealthyAir come and put in a vapor barrier to seal it off. They recommended we use a dehumidifier and insulation to really make it protected for good. We can now use it for our extra storage.

Shannon And Chris R – Alpharetta, GA 30004
View all testimonials

News & Articles Live Better The air around us has a big effect on the way we feel. Find out how improving air quality can change your life... Learn More

Case Studies

Family Escapes Toxic Mold

Judy Harrison's story is one of physical, emotional, and financial tragedy. What began as a sound investment soon turned into a nightmare as Judy and her family began to suffer from the consequences of poor building practices.

Read More View All

Contact Us Today!

Whether you need an experienced consultant to identify environmental hazards in your home, or need help maximizing the quality of your indoor air, we can help... LEARN MORE

Follow Us on Facebook